2000 Mustang Coupe

I just got this car from her original owner last week. But today, when I tried to open the door with the key (instead of the key fob), it didn't work. The weird thing is, I could open the trunk and start the engine with this key, but just couldn't open the door with it.

Anyone has any idea about what's going on here or any suggestions?

I'm thinking about getting a spare key fob in case the original one quits work.

Thanks a lot!

Danny

Reply to
Danny

Does the key work in the passenger door? If it does you have a problem with the with the drivers side only. which if most likely a disconnected rod between the tumbler and the latch/lock assembly. That is provided the key is still in reasonable good condition.

Reply to
351CJ

There isn't a lock on the passenger's door. Just the driver's side.

Reply to
Danny

p.s. of coz the passenger's side has been controlled by the power lock. what i mean is that there's only one mechanical lock on the driver's door.

Reply to
Danny

The original owner probably used the key fob exclusively. The only problem with doing that is the tumblers may start sticking. Try squirting some lubricant, like teflon into the opening and working the key a bit. If your lucky, it'll free up the mechanism. If that doesn't do the trick, you'll need a locksmith.

Been there, done that.

-- John C. '03 Cobra Convt.

Reply to
John C.

Thanks John,

I will try that and let you know the result. Hopefully this is the problem not the lock itself.

Best,

Danny

Reply to
Danny