Peugot 306

My daughter has just returned from a two week holiday and found that her car will not unlock with either the fob or the key. Which in turn means that she cannot open the bonnet or the boot. Any and all suggestions welcome

TIA

Reply to
Prickle

How old is the car? Later 306s have RF plipper keys whereas early ones have IR.

RF keys are rolling code I think, so if the button gets pressed a lot when its out of range of the car, the key is too far ahead of the car and stops working.

Will the key not turn or is it lolling about in the lock?

Keyholes get salt and crap in them, it never gets worked out if you use the zapper all the time, so the gubbins in the lock barrel seizes. A bit of oil and some patience probably wouldnt go amiss if the key just won't turn.

If the key is rotating freely, something inside the door may have come adrift and you're either going to have to get someone of questionable history to stick a coathanger in the door (if that still works) or smash a window.

HTH

Reply to
Douglas Payne

If the OP is a member of a breakdown organisation, they'll come and do it for you. The AA are rather good at this as I recall from the time I managed to lock my only key in the Passat.

Reply to
SteveH