2000 Mustang V6 Questions...

Hi I just bought a used 2000 Mustang V6 (first car). I have a few questions...I don't really know about cars that much but my car is doing some stuff and i'd like to know if it's normal or not.

First off, the car is extremely stiff. Going over potholes or some bad road i feel every little rock and bump on the street. I assume thats normal because this is a sports car and by being stiff it has better traction. Is this true? or is the car supposed to drive smoothly?

Second, when i slow down to a stop i feel the transmission shift. I know it's the same feeling because when i switch from Drive to Reverse it's the same feeling except not as rough. I've driven other cars before and never felt a slight jolt when i stop as in this car. Does this seem to be a problem i should get checked out?

Thank you for the help.

Felix

Reply to
Felix

Stock coupes do indeed drive smoothly. GT and Cobra models drive smoothly for that matter. It sounds like someone put stiff aftermarket springs on the car before you bought it, and chances are good that they didn't bother to install matching shocks and anti-sway bars, making the ride even worse. Good luck changing it back - replacing stock springs is a pricy and time-consuming venture.

-JD

_________________________________ JD's Locally-Famous Mustang Page: http://207.13.104.8/users/jdadams Please note: UCE is deleted at the ISP server level. Unless your address is on my 'accept list', your mail will never reach me. See my website for more information.

Reply to
JD Adams

One other thing to check is the tire pressure. It wouldn't be the first time some bozo at a dealership pumped the tires up to 44 psi because that's the maximum pressure on the sidewall.

take care, Scott

Reply to
Scott Stevenson