300 hp...

It can if the bottle heater gets left on and the bottle has a faulty pressure-relief valve... :)

I have _absolutely_ no idea. :)

Reply to
Garth Almgren

You'll spend at least this much, most likely much more trying to get 300 n/a hp out of a 2V motor. You need to build it specificly for n/a power which is usually not good for supercharging. The easiest, and cheapest way to get to

300 hp would be a non-intercooled 6 - 8 lb supercharger.
Reply to
WraithCobra

Since the supercharger is the way to go. Any recommendations on the brand, pricing & place where one can get one of these for a reasonable price. Here's one I looked up on the net just now. 1996 - 1997 Mustang GT 4.6L - Novi 2000 Supercharger Kit 8.5 lb BOOST - 56% HP GAIN - 28% TORQUE GAIN ---- $3,830.00. I wonder how much installation would be? The 97's come with 215HP/289Torque. So with the supercharger you're looking at 335 HP/370 Torque. That would be nice but then you would need to upgrade the brakes, suspension, S/C installation cost and if it has around 80K miles on it you might want to do some work on the engine to withstand the added power. Anyone figure out how much all this would run? Then you add the fact that your insurance carrier won't replace these parts if stolen or if you were involved in an accident. And at the end it's an old car.

Reply to
Chills420

"Chills420" wrote

Depends on the carrier. I was able to add $2500 insurance just for my aftermarket stereo equipment. I don't see why the insurance carrier couldn't do the same for an SC. I know my agent will bend over backwards for me. Of course I have my homeowner's, 3 auto's, and life insurance with him, so he BETTER!! :)

Reply to
Scott Williams

lol! yeah, different type of explosion. I'm referring to the type with fireballs.

hehe.

Reply to
Jonathan h

why non-intercooler? also, i was told by a Roush rep. that their supercharger system is less harmful to the car because it displaces the tension with two different belts. i guess the question is reliability for me. i want my car to remain reliable. want kind for system will treat my engine the nicest?

Reply to
Jonathan h