351/T5 '65 Mustang lives!

Hi All,

After one fiasco followed by another...four starters (re-built), two thermostats, another radiator (now 4-row) and a weird ignition wiring discovery (previous owner's radio wiring, I'm not sure I can ever explain it) the car is up and running. Following cam break-in and timing set to 12d adv'd the engine is very crisp. The clutch/transmission conversion only required some rear transmission mount fabbing. The Pro 5.0 shifter/handle is in a great position.

Still have some suspension work to do in front (dropped it too much) and minor items to pass inspection this old girl will be back on the streets by Wednesday next week. :)

bradtx

Reply to
B2723m

Cool! It's so exciting when a project finally comes together. I've been working on mine for 2.5 years now, and I can't wait to get to your stage. Be sure and give us some driving impressions.

Reply to
boB

Cool! Got pics?

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick

Bob, Best of luck on yours. We were lucky that some of the major pieces we wanted during the initial planning became available at the right time. Just yesterday it became apparent that another project is required...the SVT 460 in my son's Superformance Cobra may've taken a major dump. We're including the option of building up a 392 or 427.

Patrick, We've a ton of digital pics, but we're gonna wait 'till all of the bugs have been sorted out. Some of the pics are of mistakes and some could be of mistakes we haven't discovered yet!

bradtx

Reply to
B2723m

Some of the pics are of mistakes and some could be

Thats why it would be best to show them to us so we can help you find your mistakes!! ;)

Erik D. '94 white lightning '01 white GT

Reply to
Erik D.

Erik, I'm trying not to look too ignorant! :)

It did go for it's first short road trip yesterday to check for tire interferance, the SSBC front brakes and p-valve setting. The smiles will have to be surgically removed.

bradtx

Reply to
B2723m