5 lug conversion

OK I did it. I converted my 88 Fox body convert. to 5 lug- SN95 spindles, calipers, and rotors, 5 lug rear axles and drums. Here's my question: with the new SN95 calipers, my brakes are very spongy. I have bled them very well. What gives? I'm pretty sure that the new calipers are larger in diameter. Could the master cylinder be inadequate? What are my options? Thanks Chad

88 Mustang LX Conv
Reply to
Chad Woodhams

I've done the same conversion on my '89 LX and the brakes do get a little spongy but boy are they better than stock. The solution is to use a Cobra master cylinder. The MS needs to move a little more fluid to compensate for the larger pistons in the SN95 calipers. Also, using stainless steel braided lines from the hard lines to the calipers helps to firm up the pedal a little since these type of lines expand less than rubber ones.

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

Thanks for the info! Now if I can just get my hands on a cobra MC..............

Reply to
Chad Woodhams

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

And fill the fluid well above the full line. My Cobra is picky about that.

Reply to
BK24