1986 GT: Conversion to 5 Lug wheels

Is there a kit to convert a 1986 GT to a 5 lug wheel pattern? I'd really like to go with Bullit Mustang rims.

Thanks.

LR

Reply to
LR

I have done the conversion to five lug hubs/axles and 2000 GT five star rims on my '89 LX. There is likely one major glitch you will encounter. The Fox front spindles won't allow you to put the center caps on the rims. The fix for this is to install SN95 spindles. The added benefit of the SN95 spindles is you also get the SN95 front brake calipers that are far better than the stock Fox ones.

Reply to
Michael Johnson

FRPP used to make a kit for just that purpose. See if it is still available, also there are several brake upgrades that have 5 lug disks as an option.

Reply to
Ironrod