65 Mustang trunk lock cylinder removal

Below is the only posting that I was able to find on removing the lock cylinder from the bezel for a 65 mustang... is this the proper way ? I need to separate the bezel from the lock assembly to have a key made for it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I just recently bought a 65 fastback that hasn't been on the road since '81, and has a few little personality querks. The trunk latch and lock assembly were in the trunk, and the trunk key does not fit the lock, so I figured I would just rekey the lock. Well, every instruction I have seen says depress the locking pin on the top rear of the case, and the plug comes right out. Problem is that the locking pin won't depress. Do you have to turn the lock plug to depress the pin (like on the ignition plug), or is the pin just stuck, and needs a little attitude adjustment?

Reply to
Honest George

walt peifer

Honest George opined in news:aXMJd.11365$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net:

Check out your local storefront key shop/locksmith.

USUALLY you have to turn the cylider to disengae the cyl with the pin, just like ign

use liquid graphite if you're going to try to lossen it.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic