69 mustang part question ( Bill S,maybe you know ?? )

I found this object (see link for picture ) in the engine compartment,on the passenger side just under the hood hinge. It's like a cylinder,about the same size as an oil filter,with 2 nozzles sticking out of the top.It's not actually connected to anything so i assume it is redundant.What the hell is it ???

Also,I would like to know the model of Holey carb that you can see pictures of on the same URL

thanks Andrew

me

The link works, but the image is not found..........Regardless, this is the charcoal canister.................

Bill S.

me wrote:

Reply to
Bill S.

Tried the link, Andy. Page works, but pictures don't come up!!

Steve

Reply to
Steve Marshall

Damn page,let me fix that and try again....

BTW,what is the charcoal canister for ?

Andrew

Reply to
me

FYI:

The links on the page are pointing to the pictures on your hard drive, file:///G:/DCIM/100CANON/IMG_0070.JPG They have to point to the pictures on an internet location where the pictures are...

Reply to
351CJ

FYI:

The links on the page are pointing to the pictures on your hard drive, file:///G:/DCIM/100CANON/IMG_0070.JPG They have to point to the pictures on an internet location...

Reply to
351CJ

Okay guys try it again

Thanks Andrew

Also,I would like to know the model of Holey carb that you can see pictures of on the same URL

thanks Andrew

me

Oh man,not fair.Ok,I think i got it this time,if it dosent work i'm gonna smash it up til there's nothin' left !! :-)

Andrew

Reply to
me

Try these:

Nick Burns

First three are mid 80's vintage holley carb, manual choke. Fourth is the charcoal canister, used as part of the emissions controls for your car. it's what keeps the smell of fuel away from your nose. pull it off, let the car sit inside a small garage overnight, and you'll understand what I mean..............

Bill S.

Nick Burns wrote:

Reply to
Bill S.

Ah i see,but i'll take your word on the bad smell idea !! Do these canisters need replacing,and if so,how often ? As for the carb,do you know if it a particular model? At some point i want to have an air cleaner fitted,but i dont know what to get so to make sure it fits.

Andrew

Bill S.

Nick Burns wrote:

Reply to