87-93 door lock question

Hello everyone. The power door lock doesn't work on the passenger side of my 90 GT, and I suspect the actuator has failed. I've researched this item online, and there's a huge difference between
the OEM Ford part (appr. $140) and a reproduction (appr. $60). Should I expect any difference in the quality and/or functionality of them? I'd obviously rather pay the lesser amount, but won't skimp if the OEM is justifiable.
As always, any experience and input is greatly appreciated. Thanks very much.
Randy
We're living in a world that's been pulled over our eyes to blind us from the truth. Where are you, white rabbit?
On Sat, 25 Nov 2006 12:20:36 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Randy Pavatte) wrote:

Before I replaced one I would pull the door panel off and then pull the rubber dust cover off the lock motor and squirt a whole bunch of wd40 in it. It might come back to life, they sometimes do. If you have to buy a new one I'd say get the cheap one, there is no reason for it to cost more then $40, it's just a small motor.
I got a couple from Tim at www.ponyperformance.com. If he doesn't have them listed shoot him an email. He usually has stuff like that for cheap.
Erik D.

Nope, when the one on my dad's lincoln failed he took it to a little electric shop he knows and it was 1/2 the price of the Ford unit and the tech said at least the same quality as the one he took out. Just my experience.
Brad
Hey Randy,
I have the same problem in my '93 GT. Just bought the repro from eBay and will be installing in the next week or two. I'll try to post results. IMHO most of the repros are as good or better than OEM. I usually go with saving the money.
FixingStuff www.HowToFixYourStuff.com