87-93 Front Brake Upgrade --> DO ASAP!!

Who has the BEST prices on Stainless steel brake lines ??

-ERIC

Reply to
Katmandu

Interceptor

I appreciate that Tim, although I was able to pick up a pair of new rotors for a song and a dance!

-ERIC

Reply to
Katmandu

I had done this mod to my old LX. Yes, it works quite well. I bought my 73 mm calipers from here:

You didn't mention it, but with the 73 mm piston calipers there is _no_ need to change the master cylinder, though I'd recommend going with an adjustable proportioning valve.

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick

I'm not sure.

Reply to
Michael Johnson

Unless you plan on doing repeated high speed stops the rear drums aren't that bad since most of the braking (80+%) is done by the front discs.

Reply to
Michael Johnson

I put the braided brake line kit in my '89 about 6 months ago. Summit had the best price (IIRC $80 for 3 lines). It does feel alittle firmer when you mash the brakes hard. I also have the Hawk pads with new, stock rotors.

Hank Phoenix '89 ASC '87 ASC '85 GT

Reply to
Hank