87 LX Value

Hi, a family friend called to tell me their brother is selling his 87 LX 5.0 hatchback, 105K, mint condition. He's looking for $4500.

Now, I'm looking for a 67, so I'm not sure why he called me on this, but I figured I'd check it out anyway.

It is a beautiful car, and having had an 88 GT, I'm sure its fun, but that price seems way high. I checked NADA and Kelley Blue Book, both have it about $1600-3000. Anything special about these that would make it worth more?

Thanks

Reply to
pony67

Yeah, it's a (presumably) unmodified Fox Mustang. $4500 is low if it's in real nce clean shape, possibly because it's a speed density car.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Just that's it's the fastest of the standard 5.0s (if it's a 5-speed

3.08 car). And it's only a tick slower than the '93 Cobra.

$4,500 seems to be a bit high. But then it depends on how well it has been maintained. If it's a clean all-original, and the buyer really wants it then it's a fair price.

Patrick '93 Cobra 14.1 @ 99mph Former car - '87 LX 14.2 @ 98 mph

Reply to
Patrick

Saw and drove the car today. its a 5 speed. Incredible condition (heated garage, dehumidifier in summer...) all original, even used only Motorcraft filters, battery, etc... However, no AC or power windows, which are the only

Reply to
pony67

I have an '87 LX 5.0 hatch (with 215k miles and probably not in as good cosmetic shape as this one). Although it's worth a lot to me, I'd say $4500 is pretty high. I only paid $5500 for my '92 GT 'vert (82k miles at purchase) three years ago. Since what Patrick says is true about quickness (but wasn't that true for the notchbacks rather than the heavier hatch?) and this one is purported to be in immaculate shape, I'd think it would be at the high end of the book values (say, $2500-$3000), but $4500 is up there.

Dave

Reply to
Mighty Monad