87 Mustang GT tail lights

I am looking for a pair of bright red GT tail lights(not the LX ones). I would like them in near perfect to perfect condition(or new if possible). I am fixing up a mustang and both of the ligths are broken so I really need them. I bought a pair of blue tail lights with the intention to paint them, but I was told that it isn't possible to paint them since the paint would come off very easily. If you have any suggestions as to how to paint them, I would also appreciate it.

You can also e-mail me at snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Reply to
DBZVegetaIII

Strange that someone would say you can't paint them since they are all painted?? The big pain is masking them off but it is more an issue of patience. You have to mask them off, sand them (fine ScotchBrite would probably work), remove the masking (because it would have been messed up when you sanded), re-mask them and then paint.

Reply to
Rod

I purchased a set from

a while ago, and am happy with them. However they are fairly pricey ($150/Side). You might get lucky on ebay too.

91 Red GT 206K+ miles

Reply to
91 Red GT

Thanks a lot, I was pretty sure I could paint them, but I guess that guy was just too lazy to do it.

Reply to
DBZVegetaIII

Yeah thanks, this is actualy the first website that has the lights in-stock, WOW. But they seem to be a different color than the actual color of the car. I have also tried eBay, been trying for the past 6 months.

Reply to
DBZVegetaIII

It's more time than anything. Masking each louver off is a pain.

Reply to
Rod

Is that 150 bones per side for the whole taillight assemblies or just the lenses?

Reply to
Mark C.