No tail lights

I have a 1990 Toyota Celica GT 2.2L and I am having electrical problems.
my taillights do not work...my brake lights,headlights and fog lights
work fine. The only other odd thing I noticed was that my instrument panel light is also out and my flip up headlights do not "go down" but DO turn on and off properly. I Dont think its a blown fuse....Could it be a relay? or disconected/severed wire. Because although 1 of my headlight motors never did work, I would just keep both lights "up". Once and while I would lower the lights and only the one would "go down" (wich was fine) however the second light has stop going down. and I have a feeling that the motor did not just give up on the same day that my rear lights stopped working.
any suggestions aside from the obvious of brining it to the garage? Thanks

Start by checking the bulbs to see if they are burnt out. Then, check for voltage at the socket, check the grounds at the back of the car, check for damaged wiring.
--

Ray O
(correct punctuation to reply)