'93 LX 5.0 Cat-Back Suggestions

I've told my wife not to make me choose between her and the '89. I've known that car longer than I have her. Getting rid of it would be like selling my favorite dog.

I have a SPEC Stage III in my car and it kills my left knee. I'll be going to my grave with a well-defined left leg in a knee brace.

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

"Michael Johnson, PE" wrote in news:dMqdnZehA8o4xC snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

I just had that very same conversation with my wife this week. She's pissed about how much money has been dumped into it over the years, and she accused me of thinking that "the car was part of the family". Of course, I told her she was right. It was the first car we bought as a family, and now it's sort of being passed down to my son. I think of it as an heirloom of sorts.

My left leg's just fine. That's why automatics were invented.

Let the flames begin... ;)

Joe

No flames from me. I just hope the GT500 has an option for an auto tranny. It will do duty as a cruiser, not a road racer. Plus, one thing I've learned from hopping up the LX is having a manual car with

400+ rwhp and a boat load of torque makes the first two gears worthless. In a 0-60 run I spend more time shifting than accelerating.
Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

"Michael Johnson, PE" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

There ya go. Automatics are tons o' fun with torquemonsters. Just a blip or two of the throttle and it's party time. The Dak's tranny is pretty neat - the harder you're accelerating the firmer it shifts. WOT is a blast.

Reply to
Joe

I really hope the GT500 has an auto option. If it does it will be a terror at the drag strip.

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

After spending 2 1/2 hours yesterday on the 405 (LA area) going 65 miles I'm almost ready to get an automatic in may next car, no matter what decade that is!

dave

Reply to
Dave Combs

I hear ya. My commute is usually 1 to 1-1/2 hr each way, at least 20 minutes of which is creepy crawly. An automatic is just fine for me.

BTW, to get back on topic, I ended up getting Flows again for the LX.

2-chamber Delta something or other. The shop I went to did a cat-back but they saved my stock tips, which I wanted badly. $300 out the door. The sound is fairly mellow during normal driving, but they sound downright _nasty_ at WOT.

"Dave Combs" wrote in news:wOKse.63105$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.socal.rr.com:

Reply to
Joe

That's exactly the sound I'm looking for. Thanks.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Combs