'93 LX 5.0 Cat-Back Suggestions

No wonder they're in such good shape - they went on in March 2003! I'd swear it was longer ago, but that's about right. The stock pipes lasted almost 10 years before they just fell off.

I bought the GT convertible later that year, and its first fix was the SuperTurbos that I had installed, so it would pass PA inspection. It's all coming back to me now...

That's why it's important for us Old Farts to keep records.

:()

Reply to
dwight

lol thanks

Jarod sprauer

Reply to
IsellJeeps

"dwight" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

I was looking at different ones...

?PartKeyField=7092

Got one of those diskless mp3 players? Some record voice too. So get hold of one and record the exhaust. Then transfer the file to your computer and e-mail it to me.

I read the other post, and they'd better be good for only a few years. Mine are something like 6 years or more.. don't remember anymore.

Hmm, you can always write him out of the will.

Yes, I have to go rent a $4 movie for tonight. Such wonderful down at the video store...

Joe

This is somewhat off topic but have you checked out Netflix? I signed up recently and have been fairly impressed with their service. I can send three movies back Sunday afternoon and have three more by the following Wednesday. It takes a movie one day from ordering to showing up in our mail box! It takes 2-4 weeks for the latest releases to show up on the site but it is convenient. The movies come with a return envelope that already has return postage on it. Very convenient. Plus DVD burners and blank media are cheap nowadays. ;)

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

"Michael Johnson, PE" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

We only watch a couple a month, so I don't know if I want to join a service just for that. Hell, we go to Wendy's more than we watch videos.

I hear you about the DVD burners, but my PC is only a 450 P-III. Don't know if it'll handle burning DVDs...

Joe

They have different plans. I pay $17/month to have three movies in rotation. For $9/month there is a one movie rotation plan. Sounds like that would be a plan you might consider. I like the convenience of it more than anything. Plus they have a large library of DVD's from current stuff to old movies from the 1950's and numerous television shows.

It may not work. It might though if you had a good bit of RAM.

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

"Michael Johnson, PE" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

That's not bad, but the two or three times I go to the video store a month I rarely find more than one video I want to watch. Does Netflix carry music concerts? Now I could go for that...

This thing's maxed out at 384mb RAM. I think I'll need to upgrade before I start getting into DVDs on the PC.

Reply to
Joe

They have a ton of music related DVD's. Here a link to their page on music DVD's:

If I didn't use Autocad and Civil Engineering software I might still be running a 486 processor. :)

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

"Michael Johnson, PE" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Now that looks very interesting. I'll have to check this out further. Nobody locally carries music videos (i.e., Clapton's Crossroads) to rent - only movies and games. Of course, I can go plop down $25 or more to buy them, but I'd rather preview them first by renting.

LOL! I can get by with my P-III, but if I try to multitask, crash and burn...

Reply to
Joe

This is where the DVD burner pays off in spades. ;)

I have fast computers but one problem I have run into is the operating system. There is one old civil engineering program I use that that will not run under Windows XP. I've tried everything and searched everywhere to find a work around. It's amazing how many companies have dropped support for Windows 98/ME. I recently set up a Windows ME computer at home and had a hell of a time finding drivers for some digitizers and plotters since I lost the original driver disks. Plus Microsoft is supposed to stop supporting Windows 9X this summer. I guess I'll have to bite the bullet eventually and learn to use the new software I havesitting around collecting dust. :(

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

"Michael Johnson, PE" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Might be time to upgrade..

C'mon Michael, don't be an old fart just yet. You have a good 8 years or so to go. ;)

Reply to
Joe

It is such an investment of time to learn the software. In the next six months I will be fully transitioned into doing land development and will likely not engineer for fee anymore. I just need to limp along with my old trusty software until the end of the year. I guess 50-55 is when the old fart is supposed to emerge?

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

I was 39 when I bought TFrog (my 4th Mustang), and people who supposedly knew me were saying that it was my midlife crisis. That brought on a bout of Old Fartism.

I was about 45 when the basketball hoops went up out back of my house, and TFrog's alarm was frequently set off by wayward basketballs. That brought about an extended bout of Old Fartism.

I was 50 when I moved outta there and settled into the gentrified outer circle of the far suburbs, and my Old Fartism is in full swing. I have no time for screaming kids, punk-ass wannabes with ultraloud car stereos, and just want to be left alone to tend to my groundskeeping.

I may have had Early Onset Old Fartism, but I'm enjoying the hell out of it now.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

"dwight" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Like dwight, I got my LX as my midlife crisis solution - it was right before I turned 40. But I didn't consider myself an Old Fart yet.

I became an Old Fart when my son started laughing at me because I was simply being me. But I've always remind him that my name is on the title to the LX, so he'd better be nice to me. So far so good... ;)

Reply to
Joe

I still have the Mustang I bought new in 1989. I'm accused of being unable to let go of my youth. I like to think of it as I'm still immature. IMO, being too mature is highly over rated. The trouble is that my body is becoming an old fart well before my state of mind.

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

Once he gets that engineering degree and becomes financially independent he can laugh with without fear of reprisal. ;)

I don't see a mid-life crisis in my future because I'm too immature to think that deeply.

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

"Michael Johnson, PE" wrote in news:J6ednYgB4e snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

True! But that's still several years away. In the meantime...

LOL! Now that I've past the midlife crisis angst, I'm seeing that the memory is the next thing to go.

Reply to
Joe

"Michael Johnson, PE" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Exactly! I think I'm already experiencing it.

Reply to
Joe

I was listening to an older guy talk about going senile recently and he made a good point. He said going senile isn't so bad. What other disease can you get that its symptoms make you forget that you have the disease? He had a point.

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

I keep the '93 because it fits. And it still makes me smile. If that's immature, then fine; I make up for it in other areas.

My body may fail me over the coming years, but I swear I'm going to my grave with a well-defined left leg.

dwight

Reply to
dwight