99 v6 mustang with 140K miles

They want $4000 for it. However im concerned how well it will hold up with this much mileage, even though they say its in excellent condition. Anyone have any experienced with their 99 model mustangs in the 150-200K mile range?

Reply to
audioaxes

I avoid anything over 130K myself, below 100K is better They say it is in excellent condition, can they prove it? Got maintained records, when the last clutch, transmission etc major/minor repairs? No got records, then the guy may only be a salesman. Before buying it as them if you can get it checked out by lemon busters overnight. do compression check, if oil black/burnt on stick forget it etc.

Reply to
Noman Lapetos

Reply to
Les Benn

I currently have a 99 v6 with over 210km, or 130k miles. Owned it for over

7 years now. It runs great, and has never failed me. Still has lots of go for a V6. All original, except for brake parts and front wheel bearings. I have had no problems at all. I drive it 12 months of the year.
Reply to
DonTraboulsee