99 camry CE, what's it worth?

I have a '99 Camry CE, power everything, sunroof, about 85K miles, great condition and excellent paint job. Can anyone tell me what it might be worth? (a range would even be helpful).

The reason I ask is because I checked a few sites (KBB was one) and there is a big difference between what I see online and what they seem to be going for in the local paper (I live near Washington DC). I haven't seen the CE in my paper though, only the LE, so it's hard to tell if KBB is wrong or if the two models are that significantly different. Is the LE really worth thousands more??

Can anyone tell me about what they would pay for one, or what the market rate seems to be?

Anna

Reply to
Anna

Check out

and look for one like yours and you'll se the real price for that car

Reply to
Corrlens

What a car is worth and what it is selling for are two completely different things. The local newspaper listings of used cars is the competion and that is how I set a price to sell a car in my market. Remember those are asking prices and they usually sell for somewhat less.

The age old adage of price it a bit high works best only because you can always go down but never up in price.

Best of Luck MCB

Reply to
Artfulcodger

: What a car is worth and what it is selling for are two completely different : things. : The local newspaper listings of used cars is the competion and that is how I : set a price to sell a car in my market. Remember those are asking prices and : they usually sell for somewhat less.

True. I tried to look in my local paper but not only did I only see the LE, but they were all priced by dealers at about 10,500 or so. So I don't know how much lower than a dealer I can ask and still get people interested (since everyone knows dealers are more expensive)...

Anna

Reply to
Anna

You need to find a local online source that lists cars for sale where you can also check recent sales to determine actual prices received. In California we have "Recycler". See if you can find something similar in your area so you have enough data to make a clear determination. Newspaper ads alone aren't enough. Here's a list of fifty four 1999 Toyota Camrys available within one hundred miles of my zip code:

At the top you'll see "powered by Cars.com". If you go to

you'll see a search page where you can select "research" and should be able to find similar listings for your area.

Reply to
Daniel M. Dreifus