A Very Cool Ol' Merc!

Love the options on this one!
http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2012/01/23/hemmings-find-of-the-day-1971-mercury-cougar/?refer=news
Patrick
Add pictures here
✖
In article

The hood scoop, steel wheels, and the hub caps would make me very suspicious of that thing if it pulled up to me. /grin It looks like a sleeper trying to get noticed. It's not bad. I'd probably ruin it with a simple black pin stripe.
On a side note, I too get annoyed by the "Only 1 of xyz produced with bla, bla...". Sheesh, my car is the only one of it's kind with MY SERIAL NUMBER! <-- very rare indeed. Those guys on Barrett-Jackson can get really stupid sometimes. Every car there is somehow a rare one. If not they make up something and Ooo, it's rare.
Sometimes they redeem themselves with a comment about weather or not it's a car that is sought after.
--
For all you know this message was...
Sent via an exclusive network, on a snobby portable computing device.

I completely agree!
I say buy the car because you like it, not because it's "rare."
Patrick
Add pictures here
✖
And here's another cool Merc.
http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2012/01/24/hemmings-find-of-the-day-1967-mercury-park-lane/?refer=news
It's shaping up to be Merc week on Hemmings.
Patrick
On Jan 23, 4:17 pm, " snipped-for-privacy@aol.com"

Add pictures here
✖
On Jan 24, 2:25 pm, " snipped-for-privacy@aol.com"
This time a Ford. Nice car!
http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2012/01/25/hemmings-find-of-the-day-1963-ford-galaxie-500xl/?refer=news
Patrick
Add pictures here
✖
In article

I'll say.
--
On 1/23/2012 16:17, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2012/01/23/hemmings-find-of-the-day-1971-mercury-cougar/?refer=news
Did you know FE427Cat from AOL CC? Saw him online around Christmas and talked a bit, he still has it.
Add pictures here
✖

I did not.
How/where did you run into him?
Patrick
Add pictures here
✖
On 1/26/2012 15:36, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

On AIM. Still see lots of the people from there pop on and off every once in a while.
Add pictures here
✖