aargh! Some *%#$ tried to rip off my spoiler.

at 10 Jul 2004, nick [ snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com] wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

That's a good idea! Thanks for that tip.

Reply to
Paul

at 11 Jul 2004, [ snipped-for-privacy@recorddeal.com] wrote in news:744Ic.1301$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr22.news.prodigy.com:

We have two as well, but I would not even take my wife's ole 92 geo to the other one. That one is nasty and so is the patronage.

Reply to
Paul

at 11 Jul 2004, SVTKate [ snipped-for-privacy@excite.competitive] wrote in news:sh9Ic.1515$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net:

It got worse. yesterday I find this one foot long pygmee rattlesnake in my pool. And snakes gives me the willies. Especially poisonous ones. I tried to get the vermint out with the scoop net but every time I got close, he'd rear up and get ready for the attack.

Here I am detabating wether to get my .380 and risk blowing holes in my pool or call our local SO. I decided on the 2nd option. They were real nice and within 15 minutes I had two cruisers outside. *L* The first guy had no clue about snakes either and ran into a buddy that lives in our development who does. Didn't take him long to snare that critter and hack it to pieces with a shovel. Damn, 7/8 mnth old. So now I am worried we have more around. With dogs ranging from 16lbs to 87lbs that is not a good thing.

I'm still pissed over it, have been back to Wally world alreday but the manager wasn't there. Going back again probably tomorrow. I doubt they'll do anthing. I should have reported it right when it happened. Luckily the trunklid is undamaged, just gotta find a place that does fiberglass to see what they charge for fixing the spoiler so I can remount it. But yeah, a new decklid and spoiler would be nice.. :)

Reply to
Paul

at 11 Jul 2004, James [ snipped-for-privacy@allidaho.com] wrote in news:40f15f53$1 snipped-for-privacy@nntp2.nac.net:

Actually, Wallyworld's manager has a responsability. When I went by and he wasn't there, I was told there had been more incidents lately and it does not look like they improved security or otherwise addressed this. I agree it is my responsability cuz I was stupid enough to park there. But if they had knowledge of this issue and failed to address it, thus showing lack responsability for the safety of their customers, they also share some of the responsability...

Reply to
Paul

at 11 Jul 2004, Garth Almgren [ snipped-for-privacy@v6stang.com] wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de:

Whoa! Thank you! I will investigate this. My bro in law is in the Coast guard, he may be able to get it for me at wholesale.

Reply to
Paul

Ah. Sucks man :(.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

We have had snakes swim across our pond. Killed them with the shotgun. I thought they were pretty much gone for the season when yesterday I saw another one, He was too close to the edge when I saw him to make it practical to run and get the gun then try to get him, so I just made note of his general location and warned hubby to stay clear. I HATE snakes. Had I fould a rattler in my pool I would prolly never use it again. Call me a big weenie, that's ok!

You did the right thing calling the SO about the snake. Trying to hit one with a .380 would be a real challenge. You need to get a .357 and some snake shot!

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

at 15 Jul 2004, SVTKate [ snipped-for-privacy@excite.competitive] wrote in news:3JtJc.8592$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net:

I'm not to bad with that .380. Now .357 sounds like it'll make some big ass holes in my pool. Not what I'd want. What is snake shot? Unfortunately I'm within city limits so there's the risk of being fined for 'discharging a fire arm'. Of course there's the 'he tried to attack me, it was self defense' response. :-) Gonna have to make me a snake stick it seems, so I can catch the monsters and hack them to pieces with a shovel or machete....

Reply to
Paul