Spoiled spoiler

Background: I did something dumb yesterday - backed out of the garage with the hatch up. (2010 Prius) The spoiler appears to have 5 studs molded into it plus some other type of clips at each end. All 5 studs have been ripped from the part. (The tops of the studs are visible in the top of the hatch). It isn't clear to me how the end clips were intended to work. My local Toyota dealer wants $468 for a new spoiler. I watched youtube videos that explain how to remove the trim pieces and get to the nuts on the old studs so for $468 I can fix my problem "the right way".

My question: Can I just buy some JB-Weld for $7 and glue the thing back on? The spoiler itself does not appear to have been damaged except for the studs having been ripped out of the bottom.

Thanks, Pat

Reply to
Pat