Adding a Sub-Woofer

Is it possible to add a sub woofer to a stock stereo system. If so what is the best of sub and how is it wired? I have a '02 GT convertible with the Mach 400 system.

Reply to
agearhead2

"agearhead2" wrote in news:t snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Check out the Infinity BassLink. Self-contained 10" woofer with a passive 10" along with an amp. Speaker or RCA inputs. Pretty neat unit.

Joe

I'll second that. One of the better stand alone sub units.

//Mike

1993 BMW 525i
of all the old cars
Reply to
TurboMike

I recently did this and if you are good with following wiring in your head, it is actually pretty easy....

The books I have found state that the yellow wire in the back to the amps, is a constant hot, well, in my 98 at least, it is not, so I used it as the hot wire and the remote power wire, and then of course the black with green tracers are grounds. I used these for noise free juice, no problems at all, and verified at least on my 98 that the yellows are key on hot's only.

As for the inputs, I just used some piggyback connectors to splice into the in side wiring connector for the rear amp.

Not sure of the color coordination on anything other than the 98, which I can get ya, but I would search out said info from someone who has a

2000 mustang cd....

Pretty easy actually....

agearhead2 wrote:

Reply to