sub woofer

Hi All,

I have recently just bought a MX5 and i dont really know that much about it. Anyway i want to put a couple of new speakers in the doors and a sub woofer in the back somewhere. I can fit the front speaker no problem. My only question is, as the boot is quite small is there a way of fitting a sub onto the shelf behind the driver? Or is it easier to get a smaller amp and just attach it to the corner of the boot to take up as less space as possible. Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Matt

Reply to
Matthew Graham

Hi, try to look at these links....

"Matthew Graham" skrev i en meddelelse news:403481a6$0$9749$ snipped-for-privacy@news.dial.pipex.com...

Reply to
Jogster

I have listened to probably 50+ sub-setups that were put in the trunk area. Every single one of them sounded like it was coming from a car somewhere behind you that happened to be on the same station. Over around 80mph you just heard noise and occasionally felt it. My solution was to ante up a bit and go for the JL Stealthbox. It's only a pair of 8's, but with them 2" behind your head and right up against the seatback it not only gave great sound even at a cruising speed of

110mph (okay, my one bad habit) with the top down, but it also acted as a great back massager.

Cheap? No, they are not. But they are quality, they are excellent in sound, and they live up to their name. Most people who have looked at them thought it was some part of the car. They will not, however, work with a glass top and you didn't specify what year you got...

Reply to
DragonRider

Jogster said on 2/19/2004 3:20:

Or