Air induction: is K&N the best?

I'm finally going to spend a couple hundred bucks on some better airflow. I was thinking K&N FIPK....is that the best way to go, or are there other brands to check out?

I've got a stock 2002 GT.

Reply to
Anonymous

Michael Johnson, PE

But that's a really huge job, isn't it? I don't think I have what it takes to do that.

Reply to
Anonymous

" snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Take it to a shop - it's definitely the best bang for the buck. I can tell you because I've done it. Don't forget the speedo gear, too.

Joe

Like Joe said, take it to a shop. You should be able to get it done for $400-$500. I recommend it because people will end up spending this much money on one or two mods that do little to improve performance. I GUARANTEE you will notice a big difference with 3.73 gears. After gears, subframe connectors, exhaust mods and a shifter are things I would do before buying a K&N kit. You're spending money to go faster so why not do something that will actually accomplish the goal?

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

Oops - didn't notice the year - my bad. Even more reason to have a legit speed shop do it.

"MustangMan03GT" wrote in news:_

06Qa.97983$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net:

Reply to
Joe
3.55?

Reply to
Mr. B
3.73s. Originally had 2.73s. What a difference! Really woke up the AOD. The Dak has 3.92s - comes with the R/T package. :)

"Mr. B" wrote in news:DNkQa.54073$Ph3.5339 @sccrnsc04:

electronically

Reply to
Joe