alternator vs generator

More misinformation. An alternator will not charge a completely dead battery. A generator will. Generators have residual magnetism in the field poles. That's why you polarize a new generator.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Hi David,

The 64 Mustang is one of my favorite subjects. The generator is 3 times as long, black and made of steel. Where the alternator is short and made of aluminumm. If your car is a 170ci,"U" code last letter in the serial number it is diffintely a 64=BD !

I have lots of information and links on this subject at our group site: To visit your group on the web, go to:

carcrazy