Anyone Ever Put An Optima In A 5.0?

I know they don't make them for my application, but I was wondering if anyone somehow made one fit under the hood of a 5.0 Mustang.

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick

As in the battery?

I have a yellow-top in my car and it fits just fine. 87 tray, hold down I think is '82 --it's the j-bolt with a top bracket variety--, add the hood is an 82 Capri hood. Which application do you want the battery for, the Cobra or the LTD?

If it turns out the hold-down is your issue, don't worry about it, you can probably rig something up. Not only that, the hold down is mostly there so your battery doesn't get flung around in a crash. Simple solution to that problem - don't crash.

I didn't have a hold-down installed for several months. Mine was old dirty, and it took awhile to get around to painting it. I never had any problems.

If you can't find the dimensions online, let me know and I can measure mine for you! ;)

Jim S. '82 Mutant

Reply to
Jim S.

Sorry about the late reply.