Anyone left from the olden days?

Hey guys, just took a trip down memory lane and wondered what ever happened to RAMFM....well damn if I didn't find it. Hope everyone is doing well. As for me, mustangless at the moment, sold the '95 GT about two years ago. I'm looking to fix that in the next couple years. Driving a boring Saturn...oh well, other things prevailed.

Sam(uel) '03 not a Mustang at all.

Reply to
Samuel Cassidy

The group sort of broke up. All the big block members formed their own group. Another bunch got sick and tired of the moronic trollAnd some others sold their Mustangs and in one particular case moved over to Jeep and is now into off road and geo-caching, and so they left. As the group got smaller, others just faded away. Amother bunch was left behind when the topics involving later models semed to take over.

A sad come down from the peak days.

I drop in now and then to see what's going on.

Reply to
veeger

Hey, yeah it's pretty much a skeleton crew here now. It hasn't even been all that long ago this place was hoppin. I think most use those purdy web forums now, but I still see a few old folks here.

Reply to
GILL

Hey, Sam.

Seems I'm still stuck in a time warp. Still driving a pair of '93s.

TFrog's sitting in the garage, while I'm out and about with CFrog. It's convertible time, for sure.

dwight

dwight

HEY! I'm NOT OLD!!!! I just have an abundance of life experience. LOL

Reply to
veeger

Yeah, OK, and I'm a collector of birthdays! Hehehehe

Reply to
GILL

Well, sorry to see it dropped off....glad to see the T-Frog is still in action though! If I remember, the C-frog is the blue with the white top, yes? Any news on the princess-mobile?

Reply to
Samuel Cassidy

Another contributer to the drop was that some of the big ISPs dropped newsgroup access.

A few of us signed up for free server connect here

It's text only (no binaries) but free, so what the heck.

Reply to
GILL

some others

albasani.net x-privat.org

Reply to
green

Reef blue GT with originally a black top - now light grey. The Princessmobile was blue with a white top, but it is a hazy memory at this point. I'd like to think someone is still treating it well, but I stopped caring when I was handed $1,000 in cash.

A deer ran into the side of CFrog, so it still needs some minor body work to realign the driver side door, but it's still my everyday commuter at this point. In the fall, it'll get another polish and wax and a spot in the garage, while TFrog takes over cold weather duty. They both keep racking up the miles, but they're both still a hoot.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

I've been hanging around a while, since I had some Fox bodies. They are gone but my 99 remains.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

NyTmArE, Vintage Burhundy 1965 Fastback 2+2 289 A Code is my daily ride. Replacing all the interior lighting with LEDs is my present project.

This past April I got to make my first long distance trip. Up to then it was all local city and country. This one was 1500 miles and was essentially a shakedown cruise while I attended a reunion.

It was a great run. Easily cruised at 75 and 80mph. Took it up well past the 100 mark and I could feel that it still had plenty of room for more. Only a very light shimmy.Cruised with Hells Angels for a while and got a lot of thumbs ups.

Only developed two problems. While passing an 18 wheeler, the lights shut off and came back one three times. And I lost the nuts off the connection between the shorty header and the exhaust pipe on the driver side.

Got rave reviews at the reunion, too.

Reply to
veeger

I'm still around too. And still driving my '93 Cobra.

Patrick

Reply to
NoOp

Sure, but you ruined it by putting non-OEM tires on it. Ah, well, I'll give you $50 and take it off your hands.

Good to see the NoOp address pop up. Hope all is well with you and yours.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

I still check in too. I got rid of my Cobra though, but I sure do miss it.

Mort

Reply to
Mort Guffman

I still check in pretty much daily (not that I'm an really old-timer here). Dearborn born and bred. Still gettin' around weekends in my bought-new 67K '96 GT.

I think the lack of traffic/interest here speaks volumes about the "new regime" in DC.

Reply to
TM

Ah. So now we can blame the decline in usenet on the Democrats. Let's see, what else can we lay at their doorstep?

Brick-and-mortar music sales are way down. BestBuy may junk their aisles of CDs for a more lucrative product line. The Democrats.

It's getting harder every passing year to find games for my Nintendo 64. The Democrats.

I have a pile of 3.5" floppies, but none of our four computers even has an A:/ drive anymore. The Democrats.

And try to find a decent denim leisure suit anywhere. Stinkin' Dems.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

I was only looking to get 40 for it, but if you're willing to give me

50...

Yes, things are well. Just got back from a final romp in the desert and now getting reacquainted with the wife. (You don't realize how much you have until you're away from it for awhile and then return.)

My son is now living in Jersey so you never know... we may swing by your way sometime -- have a little RAMFM old-timers get-together?

Patrick

Reply to
NoOp

After seeing the TF site one of the guys I work with wants to take a walk on that covered bridge, heh.

Reply to
WindsorFo

South Jersey, I hope. Anytime, Patrick. Just cross the bridge into Pennsylvania and look for Paradise. I've got Stewart's root beers and cream sodas chillin'. Anything other than that, ask and I'll stock some.

And Jean does a good amount of travelling for business, so I never take her for granted. Whenever she leaves town, it's like life itself is on hold.

Just me, the dog, and a La-Z-Boy...

dwight

Reply to
dwight