Best Carb and Exhaust for 67 Fastback rebuild ??

Fellow enthusiasts,
A Mechanic friend is helping me rebuild a 67 Fastback Mustang in the UK. Approaching the final stages after 10 years. Need to make a decision about
the most appropriate Carburettor and Exhaust System. Engine is a 351 Cleveland. Looking at the 650 Edelbrock "Thunder" for the carb and either "Flowmaster or "Magnaflow" exhaust systems. Any advice, pros and cons or other input appreciated.
Thanks,
Graham

Rule of thumb for na engines
CFM = (CID * rpm)/3456
multiple this by your volumetric efficiency.
The 351C is a pretty good engine, call it 90%.
6500 RPM?
(351*6500/3456
(2281500)/3456 (show all your work or lose 5 points)
660 CFM
660 * VE
660 * .9
594 CFM
So the 650 sounds like just a bit of overkill, but probably the best bet without running out of breath. But make sure you get a good manifold to go with it.
I'm partial to the Flowmaster. But that's me.
--

- dillon I am not invalid

An object's desireability to a dog is directly