Beware Andy's Auto Sport

I don't know where you got that incorrect information from, but at my bank my Visa debot card has the same prtection as my Master Card.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Or Louisiana. Maybe it only pertains to where he is. I wonder what color the sky is in his world....

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Everything this site discusses regarding personal debit cards is opinion...not fact. Sorry, thanks for playing though.

Reply to
Iggy

Ask your bank what your maximum liability is if someone gets your card or clones it, or starts making ACH withdrawals based on information you may or may not have given out. As an example, think about renting a car with a debit card... REALLY bad idea... & no liability protection. How about those of you who have set up direct payments (phone, electric, gas, cellular, etc.)to your debit account? Another really bad idea... credit of course!

The OP would have been in perfect shape if a credit card was used instead of a debit card.

Do what you want, folks. It matters not to me. There are so few plausible reasons to use a debit card over a credit card, from a consumers perspective, and for me I can't think of one. Every time a cashier asks "cash, credit or debit", I chuckle! Credit every time for us! Oh well.

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

I am not sure on online purchases, our transaction was done in person about 5 hours away, which meant we had to go back to the county which transaction transpired. I have done major damage to many of his transactions/business ventures, some EXTREMELY large with the website. I still get contacted even to this day in the particular field he has happen to prey upon. Amazing he is still in business, he just moves to the next victims of different makes/models.

TIM -aka- MUSTTANGUY "at" AOL "dot" COM

Musttanguy

$50 buddy. LOL

As an example, think about renting a car

Have all my monthly bills set up to charge on my debit card - and have the option to change forms of payment anytime I like.

Why don't you pedal your drivel elsewhere....alt.troll would be a great place.

Reply to
Iggy

$50, Unless it has already dropped to $25.

I get the exact same perks as any Visa card. Hertz does not know one way or another if is a Debit or a regular credit card.

I pay my bills on the computer, but I know several people who do the direct debit and they never had a problem. Why exactly would this be a bad thing over writing a check and mailing it?

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

I'm sorry, Iggy.

I never called anyone names. It just is what it is.

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

Yes, you are.

Never said you did. But it's not how you say it is.....no matter how many times you repeat it - not on a nationwide scale. Your state may have some screwed up regs, but that doesn't mean you can paint them all with the same brush.

Reply to
Iggy

mitch, please read the note I received from Eric at Andy's

------------------ If this customer was indeed sent the wrong parts, you are absolutely correct that we will take the parts back and grant a 100% refund. I'm not sure which customer you're referring to, so I am not able to say with certainty that this is indeed the case. Please have the customer contact me directly at my personal email address ( snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net--removethis) or at my phone number listed below. You are indeed correct that if he truly got parts other than those which he ordered, we will have them picked up and either refunded in full or replaced. Feel free to contact me or have the customer contact me at the next convenient opportunity to assure there is no misunderstanding and that this is resolved to everyone's satisfaction. This has nothing to do with trying to preserve a reputation; it is a cut and dry situation of us needing to fulfill the order as instructed by our customer provided we abide by standard company policies.

Eric Ferguson Andy's Auto Sport

1-800-419-1152 x106

Reply to
dave

mitch please read this from Eric dave

------

[...]

Thanks....I forwarded this to my brother-in-law.

Seems that Eric at least has more than the sixth grade education that Mike P. has.

Reply to
Mitch

Pink,

with flying horses.