Boot for Mastang Convertible

My father in law has a 99 Mustang GT Convertible. He purchased a replacement boot for it from the web and fount that it has snaps on it but his car does not seem to. I have a 2000 Mustang and found no snaps on my Mustang either? Is there a modification required to use a boot with the convertible or do some have snaps and some not?

I have just bid on a boot for my Mustang and am concerned that I may face the same problem.

Tom

Reply to
tmorris