Brake, clutch, gas pedal

How to install ford aftermarket brake, clutch and throttle pedals....Any tricks, tips would be appreciated....I think I have already wasted one pedal....I think I'll ask before I do another....The pin in the throttle pedal looks like it is knurled into the throttle arm and doesn't move, does the plastic pedal part that is over the pin just get spread out over the short side of the pin and then remove from the long side of the pin?....thanks....cc

Reply to
cc

Thanks for the assistance all you mighty mustangers....not....cc

Reply to
cc

Reply to
Dinsdale

I read your message. I had absolutely no clue what you were talking about.

What year car do you have?

Whose aftermarket pedals?

And now with your childish display of attitude, I doubt you will get any answers even if you provide more info.

Erich

Reply to
Kathy and Erich Coiner

Well you are right it is an attitude,but not childish....I'm just tired of the "mee too" generation being the center of the universe and not willing to assist another enthusiasts with a problem....when I go on my street rod group or gun group I get help, almost within minutes, I also assist when I can....But this time thru the magic of the internet I got the assistance I needed....It's a 94 GT, Ford pedals....thanks anyway....Oh yeah, the 05 mustang is a ugly looser, I think Ford has been inhaling, after the "new" F-150 I didn't think they could make another ugly car, I was wrong....cc

Reply to
cc

Reply to
Wound Up

If you are new to this venue of communication, please read the FAQs.

Subscribers to news groups (ng) may be anywhere on the planet and do not necessarily see your query (post) immediately. Also be advised that things do ofeten slow down on the weekends/holidays as subscribers are often out doing other things in their lives. Finally, not all subscribers are members of the now generation. Even us old retired guys have other facets to our lives... like taking time out from a newsgroup to either work on or drive the cars we enjoy - even

05 retro 'stangs. Attitude goes a long way. And I did note that your attitude contained a bit of the "I want the answer NOW".

I pers>How to install ford aftermarket brake, clutch and throttle pedals....Any

Entering into the unknown, V'ger seeks information used to maintain his Vintage Burgundy 1965 Ford Mustang 2+2 w/289 ci 4v oem A Code V8, C4 Trans,

16x8" Vintage 40 wheels, with BF Goodrich gForce T/A 225/50ZR16 tires, American Racing "Mustang" Centercaps, and a whole lot of other stuff; )
Reply to
V'ger

I don't know what to say, but you're just making inferences that don't have any basis in fact. What is the "me TOO" generation? The "me" generation, I've heard of. You are suggesting we are ignoring you and not willing to help. Not so!

People are glad to help you, it just takes a little while sometimes. Specifics are necessary. Ease up on the criticisms; this is idle banter and discussion. To paraphrase a regular from a related group, staying strictly on-topic results in a very stilted exchange.

Ok, so it's a 94 GT. Ford pedals - tell us more about this. Are you swapp> Well you are right it is an attitude,but not childish....I'm just tired of

Reply to
Wound Up
18 hours... of Saturday afternoon into Sunday morning. Some people have lives, and perhaps even sleep at times.

JS

Reply to
JS

If not childish, then moronic maybe? You're saying that you're tired of the "mee too" generation being the center of the universe, WTF do you think you were doing? You were telling us to help you too, and then threw a hissy fit like a 4 year old when someone didn't jump right on the answer. You also are not the center of the universe. I'm a Gen-Xer, and maybe if half of the boomers didn't think the entire world owes them something, the world would be a better place. I know a lot of great boomers and Gen-X/Yers alike, but I know plenty of people from 8-80 who think they're the only entity important enough for me to focus on. It just isn't so. And just so everyone's straight, I mean no disrespect whatsoever to anyone with a grasp of reality. We're all humans, and if you treat me as such, then I'll respect you in return.

I'm sure that if you go to your street rod group and ask them where to get fenders for your '34, they'll tell you. But they know you. I don't know if you have a '67 Mustang or a '97 Mustang. It'd be like me going into your street rod group and asking them where I can find custom fenders for my rod locally. You don't know where I live, what kind of material I prefer, or even what car I drive. Then when nobody answers on a Sunday at 3AM, I'd tell you all that your cars are stupid, you're wasting your time because they're all show and no go, and those that do go, you're afraid to drive them on the street anyway, so you spend so much time and money on a shiny garage baby. Have you *never* had an unanswered question? Has someone

*always* waited for you to ask something just so they could answer? By the way, I don't feel that way about your hobby, and I can't knock anyone else's way of spending their time/money if it's even remotely contructive.

Your I would have answered had I known the answer. Every single aftermarket pedal set I've ever seen or worked with just clipped on or around the existing pedal somehow - a trait which I dislike very much. I'd be interested to know where you got your pedal set and who makes it. While I don't have the knowledge you're looking for, I have access to a pedal set that doesn't require me to get upside-down and look with a flashlight... I can't get rid of it, but I could probably provide some insight and/or pictures that might help.

What's your street rod?

JS

Reply to
JS

I am glad you found the info you needed.

You know, when you slam something you should make sure you are not making a stupid illiterate mistake. LOSER!!!!

Personally, no Mustang has fired my imagination since the 69 Fastback. The 94-98 came close. Now the 05 really looks like a winner. I may buy one. It will look nice parked between the 66 coupe I have owned since 1978 and my 69 Mach1 Erich

Reply to
Kathy and Erich Coiner