dealer markups on '05s

Last weekend I posted here that I saw two 05 GTs on a dealer lot in New London Connecticut. They were the first two GTs that dealer had received, and they were selling for the sticker price of $26,250 (Premium GT, standard transmission, no other options). One of the two was sold immediately.

On Wednesday a co-worker went to look at the other one, and by then it was marked up $2000, to $28,250.

Today I went to see if I could drive it, and it was already sold, even with the markup.

I guess at the rate they're selling now, you can't blame the dealers for gouging us. I'll wait until Spring if I can't get one for sticker price or less now.

-Bill J.

95 GT
Reply to
Bill Jones

Piffle. I ordered one for sticker. And another dealer I had from $5K over to $1K over in just a couple minutes chatting. I could have had him for straight sticker if I'd kept trying, but they seemed reluctant to special order for some reason, so I went elsewhere.

One place I called on the phone gave the old line about how the guy coming in after me would probably be willing to pay over MSRP. So I said, well, you can sell one to me for MSRP, one to some other guy for MSRP+, or sell one to BOTH OF US for MSRP and MSRP+. IOW, sell

->*TWO*

Reply to
Quiet Desperation

Unless you need to drive the latest thing on the block, wait a year when dealers will be overstocked and the bugs may be worked out of the first year run.

Reply to
Mark

I went into the dealership here the other day.........i drove up in my stang, so i'm sure they all new what I was in there for.......well, they had one GT sittin in the showroom...and a 6-banger in the parking lot.....i told the salesman that i was there to BUY a 05 GT......he very smart-assed like said.....well, your not getting that one, motioning towards the GT on the showroom floor.....i asked why wouldn't u sale it to a cash paying customer, and he said that it was being picked the next day by one of the doctors here in town........... a week later, i drive by the dealership.....lol...its still sitting there in the showroom floor.....i guess that was a good sign, i'll wait til the cobras come out =)

Reply to
BuD

Chapman Ford here in Philly had a V6 on sale today for 22K, plus a 3K markup.

Reply to
The Billy

My local dealer (Boston suburb) has a $5000 "market adjustment" add on to the $28K sticker.

Reply to
Gary Vitagliano

Sad thing is; There ARE people who pay the markup. They don't care, they want the NEW thing no matter what. I say what a little and the markups will be gone. Or order online.

Rein

It will be a cold day in hell before they pry a "dealer markup" from my cold dead hands.

-- Jim '88 LX 5.0 (now in car heaven) '89 LX 5.0 vert '99 GT 35th Anniversery Edition - Silver Mods to date - Relocated trunk release to drivers side, shortened throttle cable, PIAA Driving lights.

Reply to
AZGuy