Peugoet 405 diesel clutch pedal.

Hello,

Hope you can help me...

Thought my clutch cable had snapped .. but found out that it's the plastic "thingy" on the clutch pedal?!?!

Anybody got any tips, stories, help, regards changing this part?

BTW I have got the new part from local Peugeot garage.... only £4!!!! LOL never paid so little for a part from main dealers.

thanks in advance

Richy

Reply to
Richy

I shouldnt LOL too loud ...... you havent fitted it yet. Rather a barsteward of a job , the plastic clip is held onto the pedal by a plastic pin. You have to remove the pedal to change the clip , it is not very accesible. Oh and dont forget the spring when you come to reassemble it ( its dropped on the floor behind the carpet) steve the grease

Reply to
R L Driver

Yes, I saw an AA man do it for a colleague at work. Took him most of the morning!

Reply to
Chris Bolus

Bad news I'm afraid. The white plastic thingy breaks when the clutch is dead. If you just fit the thingy it will break again in a day or so. BTDT

I think they should warn you about it at the dealers, they mut sell thousands of them.

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

Not it's not. Fitted one of these to my dads 405 about 6 years ago. And it was still going fine when he sold it last year.

Reply to
Moray Cuthill

Indeed, it simply broke on mine (Petrol 405) and the clutch itself was fine. Local dealer referred to the plastic bit as the 'Jesus Clip' - on as asking why, he said I'd find out when trying to fit it....

It looked like it was possible to fit it from the footwell, but I ended up taking the pedal assembly out of the engine compartment (move brake servo aside, no need to disconnect any hydraulics). One of those jobs that would take an hour if you had to do it again, but half a day the first time.

Rich

Reply to
Rich