Brakes for '03 Cobra

Yup, it's that time. With only 30,000 miles on the clock and two sets of tires later it's time for a new set of brakes. Any '03-'04 Cobra owners got practical experience with aftermarket brakes? Already looked at all the sites and searched the NG's so I've got some ideas but would appreciate any input from you guys (or gals!).

Reply to
Rick Olive

Are you talking just replacing the pads and rotors or more than that :).

The stock Brembo rotors are very nice. Mine's a street car so I opted for a set of Baer Eradispeed single piece rotors with drilling and I'm really happy with those.

I use HPS hawk pads and they have been great; good stops and no noises. I know a lot of Cobra owners that like the Performance Friction pads; they cost less and are a tad noisier.

Reply to
Dan

Brembo replacement rotors, braided lines and hawk pads seem to be a good choice.

Go register at

and ask in their 'SVT Tech' section. I did and I got the response above, and my 97 Cobra is quite happy with the minor changes. Tirerack seems to have good prices on the parts, YMMV.

Your car is pretty new, but > Are you talking just replacing the pads and rotors or more than that > :).

Reply to
cprice

Reply to
Rick Olive