c-4 shifter?

I have an 89GT auto trans. I want to be able to shift it manually. I see there is something called a C-4. Will this allow me to shift thru all the gears manually, and how hard is it to install? Howard

Reply to
Howard Mora

A c-4 is a differnet transmission. They are really strong and can take lots of power. If you want to manually shift your auto, get a manual valve body and a shift kit installed.

Reply to
John Wiebalk

To clarify your statement, let's say that a C4 built with stock or standard parts is *not* a very good trans, and it was noted for early failure back in the old days. However, enough quality parts are now available that it can be a competitive piece (if you throw enough money at it).

Perfomance Automatic and Lentech have upgrade parts for the 89's AOD.

CobraJet

Reply to
CobraJet