Changing a 4 cylinder to a 5.0 is it a lot of work?

Hi All. I was wondering is it hard to covert from a 4 banger to 5.0? What would I have to do? Thanks Dave.

-- Once you feel the punch of a Ford SCJ 428 big block. You will never look back.

Reply to
69GT4spdtrac-loc

Well everything but the body will have to go for it to be "safe". Of course you can keep the brakes and the suspension but with the added weight it will make it fairly unsafe. It would be best to either just buy a 5.0 and be done with it or find a 5.0 w/ a wrecked body and just swap all the parts over from there. Depending on the years your swapping will determine the serverity. Carb would make for an easier swap. Be sure to have an 8.8" rear or you'll be replacing that soon after your swap is done.

Reply to
John Wiebalk

A number of years ago 5.0 Mustang or Mustang Monthly (I forget which.) did an article on just that. Try getting a reprint if you can. Bottom line, you will be on real good terms with the local salvage operator by the time you're done.

Reply to
Ironrod