Changing Spark Plugs on 2001 Mustang 3.8L V6

It's probably about time to change the spark plugs on my 2001 Mustang with the 3.8L V6.

I can see the spark plugs on the drivers side and they look to be fairly accessible. But I can't even see where the plugs are on the passenger side due. What does a person have to do to access the plugs on the passenger side? Is the access any easier from underneath the car?

Thanks!

Reply to
Brian Wilson

The easy way is to take it to the dealer and say - 'Tune-up, please'.

Reply to
Ralph Snart

Thanks. I know the dealer would love to have the better part of a $100 bill for a tune-up and there are other places that do tune-ups, but I was looking for more information about doing it myself.

Reply to
Brian Wilson

Follow the ignition wires.

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires

Reply to
<memset

I forgot how they routed the air intake, but you probably have to remove part of that. I always did on my 5.0, made it a lot easier. on the smaller 6 it should be pretty easy. (much easier than on a front wheel drive car !) Remove NO-SPAM from email address when replying

Reply to
Rein