Clock installation

Dear community

Wiping dust into my car , I accidentally squeezed my car clock inside dashboard . I did not put much pressure at all. Honestly I have no idea how it happened because I have done it before hundreds times I took a look seem like that is not a big deal to take out a cover and put them into the place

Did somebody install clock ? Is there anything I should be aware ?

Any advices will be very much appreciated

Almost forgot I got 97 make

Reply to
VS

I sincerely do not know if this would work, but I'd be trying to pull it back into position. Doesn't sound like it was held in with a lot of pressure. I'd be trying duct tape on the face and then pulling, or wedge one side into position and fasten some thin clear transparent tape to the other end and pull it into postion. Maybe some thread that you could loop around the ends and then cut and pull away the excess when done - something along those lines, to save having to remove the whole dash. I once removed a vent from the dash to tighten a bolt and wound up using a curved piece of manilla file folder cut to apx. 3-4" width, to guide it back into position so it could slide into place.

Reply to
Daniel M. Dreifus

If your clock is the factory clock , located in the factory location. You Should be able to tilt the steering wheel to it's lowest position and remove the two screews holding the trim around the Instrument cluster (above column, firing upward) and snap the trim panel out carefully. I think the clock in my 97 was just snapped in place, but there could have been some screws..............been almost three years since i did this.

If you use some sort of "Armor All" product on your dash , you may have caused the plastic to weaken and break. whether or not it's snap together or screwed together, brittle weak plastics sometimes seperate quite easily. It is my experienced personal recommendation, that these products that shine and lube your vinyls, not be used. I love Armor All on the tires, but anything else I shy away from.

I do car stereo and electronics R&R and have to replace ( or recomend replacement of ) parts that have these symptoms due to the slickerers.

Sorry for the tangent, but I feel like your description leans toward a weak piece of plastic.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

MUADIB®

Dear MUADIB

Thanks for the tip

Yes, I have factory clock and on the factory place I did exactly what you advice , I unscrewed two screws and dash did not move at all. I was afraid apply a power in order not to break it because with Toyota this piece of plastic could be price.

I checked all local stores for repair manual but nobody have it :( I will try to go to junk yard and see may be they have some Camry's. Some time they have totaled cars. I will try to remove dash over there first

Reply to
VS

armour all is crap! They put petrolium distallates that break down the rubber and cause premateur cracking and damage.

avoid it on tires.

Reply to
Car Guy