Cobra

naw, just when they want to f*ck one up. Mike's ok... it's YOU I wonder about kid!

Kate

| > " snipped-for-privacy@perlcoders.com" wrote | >

| > I don't like yellow though.. I'd hafta get it painted | > | black or dark blue. | -Mike | > | | >

| > ... and I would SO have to go kick your ass! | > My god man! if you found a yellow one available, you should bow and kiss | the | > ground it rolled on. | > If you didn't like it, pass it by, dont ruin it with a color change! | >

| > *evil woman smile* | >

| > Kate | >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

SVTKate,

I've never liked yellow cars eheheh.. A dealership SOMEWHAT close to me (Riverside Autoplex -- 300 miles away..not the same one I posted earlier) that has a very good reputation with the folks around here has THREE cobras.. 1 black, 1 red, and 1 lighter green. I'd kill for the black one. I'm actually going to stop by my bank sometime this week & see if I can get a loan. It's $14950, but I'm gonna try to talk 'em down a little bit. It only has little under 32k miles (very low). I'll probably have the Cobra before I even sell my GT. As soon as I can though, this GT is outta my hands. God it's a PITA!!

-Mike

Reply to
memsetpc

What's there to wonder about? I'm just a perfect little angel that owns a Red Stang Vert without a care in the world. *innocent smile*

Reply to
Greg B.

Budget was who I hooked up with for the rental. They don't charge an outrageous fee for one-way like some do, it cost about 88 bux for the one day. Pick-up and drop-off were at the local airports, so if you're by yourself you might need the services of a cab at some point. Me, I had my wife, and after I bought the car, we both drove over to the airport to drop off the rental. That's also where I got my first appreciative comment on the car. The guy checking in the Taurus saw the Bullitt and said, "You can just leave that one parked here. I'll get the keys in a sec." (big grin). We then talked about cars and bikes in general for about 20 minutes, while my wife nodded and smiled patiently like she always does when all things mechanical are the subject. She's a good woman all in all. :-)

Regarding the Bullitt: it's the nicest cleanest fastest ride I've ever owned. Low miles, all the option content, black finish you can see the clouds in. And every fingerprint from the jealous hatin' people I work with. I absofrigginlutely love it. I think everyone should own a Bullitt. But not mine. Don't touch mine. :-p

Reply to
RayS

LOL "but not mine. dont' touch mine" I love that. That cracked me up. Heheh.. yeah I'll probably be going alone. MAYBE take a friend with me. Dunno yet. Thanks though for the input =).

-Mike

Reply to
memsetpc

You forgot to bat those long eyelashes sweetie! Kate

| > Kate | >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

Ya know.. on second thought Greg... have you NOTICED what I have modded on Shug?

3.73's FMS Aluminum drive shaft FMS Driveline harness SVO rear end girdle Changed the color of the top Converted brake vents to functional Changed headrests to tiltable Installed tilt out cup holder in 98 console 18x9" wheels all around Painted brake calipers Billet grille Clear marker lights K&N Filter Carbon fiber shift knob and instrumant cluster bezel Tri Ax shifter 95 Style taillights Slicked & Painted rearview mirrors Auto switch on passenger window Steeda tubular sub frame connectors Steeda Strut tower brace - custom color (hmm.. have I forgotten anything ...??)

You're absolutely right... I'm a purist. What was I thinking??? Of course you should NEVER mod a Cobra !!

I guess I'll just have to give her to charity.. the lost orphans of the conservative revolutionaries or something... Trade her in on a car I can mod without guilt *sigh* too bad... I kinda liked the little thing too.

WEG*

NOT! :¬Þ

Kate

| > " snipped-for-privacy@perlcoders.com" wrote | >

| > I don't like yellow though.. I'd hafta get it painted | > | black or dark blue. | -Mike | > | | >

| > ... and I would SO have to go kick your ass! | > My god man! if you found a yellow one available, you should bow and kiss | the | > ground it rolled on. | > If you didn't like it, pass it by, dont ruin it with a color change! | >

| > *evil woman smile* | >

| > Kate | >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

You know, you need to start adding a touch of sarcasm in my replies when it sounds like I'm "kinda" flaming someone.

*no sarcasm here* I think you modded just about everything on Shug that can be modded without it becoming non-street legal. So, what's next on the list of mods?
Reply to
Greg B.

SVTKate,

"Installed tilt out cup holder in 98 console" Where'd you get that? I want a cup holder! Mine suck! lol (im not joking..seriously where'd you get it? lol)

-Mike

message

Reply to
memsetpc
*feels left out cuz his is a '97*

But hey, I got the strut tower brace and you don't. Nyah nyah... :-P

Sorry, had to come up with something... :-)

JS

Reply to
JS

I would LOVE to supercharge her. BUT.. .I be Po'Folk for a while.

When I do, I want to swap the tranny for a 6 speed, and build an engine from the bottom up. Something that will make the '03 boys sit up and take notice.

Someday.

Oh... and dont you get 'sarcastic' with ME kid... I'll .. umm.. er.. uh.. pull your ear. Yea! That's it! I'll pull your ears LOL

Kate

| > 3.73's | > FMS Aluminum drive shaft | > FMS Driveline harness | > SVO rear end girdle | > Changed the color of the top | > Converted brake vents to functional | > Changed headrests to tiltable | > Installed tilt out cup holder in 98 console | > 18x9" wheels all around | > Painted brake calipers | > Billet grille | > Clear marker lights | > K&N Filter | > Carbon fiber shift knob and instrumant cluster bezel | > Tri Ax shifter | > 95 Style taillights | > Slicked & Painted rearview mirrors | > Auto switch on passenger window | > Steeda tubular sub frame connectors | > Steeda Strut tower brace - custom color | > (hmm.. have I forgotten anything ...??) | >

| > You're absolutely right... I'm a purist. What was I thinking??? | > Of course you should NEVER mod a Cobra !! | >

| > I guess I'll just have to give her to charity.. the lost orphans of the | > conservative revolutionaries or something... | > Trade her in on a car I can mod without guilt *sigh* too bad... I kinda | > liked the little thing too. | >

| > WEG* | >

| > NOT! | > :¬Þ | >

| > Kate | >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

When they totaled my 95, I took it out of that one. I had to mod the thing to make it fit (rather than mod the console) it was a little work, but worth it in every way.

When I have a little time, if you remind me, I'll post it on my website.

For now.. I have a new baby to go play with.

Kate

| > 3.73's | > FMS Aluminum drive shaft | > FMS Driveline harness | > SVO rear end girdle | > Changed the color of the top | > Converted brake vents to functional | > Changed headrests to tiltable | > Installed tilt out cup holder in 98 console | > 18x9" wheels all around | > Painted brake calipers | > Billet grille | > Clear marker lights | > K&N Filter | > Carbon fiber shift knob and instrumant cluster bezel | > Tri Ax shifter | > 95 Style taillights | > Slicked & Painted rearview mirrors | > Auto switch on passenger window | > Steeda tubular sub frame connectors | > Steeda Strut tower brace - custom color | > (hmm.. have I forgotten anything ...??) | >

| > You're absolutely right... I'm a purist. What was I thinking??? | > Of course you should NEVER mod a Cobra !! | >

| > I guess I'll just have to give her to charity.. the lost orphans of the | > conservative revolutionaries or something... | > Trade her in on a car I can mod without guilt *sigh* too bad... I kinda | > liked the little thing too. | >

| > WEG* | >

| > NOT! | > :¬Þ | >

| > Kate | >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

at 22 Aug 2003, SVTKate [ snipped-for-privacy@excite.competitive] wrote in news:jUw1b.3393$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr29.news.prodigy.com:

Hmm, became a grandma there? :-) if so, congrats, lets hpe it's not another redheaded Stang killer...

Reply to
Paul

It is amazing that my crappy little '96 GTS has a strut tower brace and a '98 Cobra doesn't... :-)

Cindy '96 laser red auto GTS

message

Reply to
C. Olofsson

"crappy little '96 GTS???"

What's wrong with a '96 GTS? :-)

Hey, at least you'll always have that one-up on '98 Cobra owners.... if nothing else.

I wanted to ask you... do you still have pictures of your stereo install up somewhere?

JS

'sentimenta'

Reply to
JS

HEY! I miss my 95 GTS!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
RioRedGT

I just saw your wrecked 95...I was shocked ;0(

Reply to
RioRedGT

*bites tongue hard*

I know the feeling!

That's an very extensive..err..expensive? list.

I'm still debating going either the performance route or show route. I don't mind my Stang being a V6. What I would like to do is some cosmetic touch ups like the billet knobs and indigo dash. Not to much to where it resembles a rice-mobile, but enough to encourage people to put their face up to the glass when they walk by and go "Cool interior!".

Maybe even go the route of a paint job with the chromatic paint. Of course, I do like having the bright red color that used to catch every cops attention within 5 miles of my car (still no tickets!!)

I've put a wish list together and the grand total was just above $7k. Wait, I just found it and it includes mods for performance AND cosmetics. Will sort them out later.

Reply to
Greg B.

I miss my 95 GT! Not that I'd swap this one to have that one, but greedy woman that I am, I wish I had both!

Kate

| > Cindy | > '96 laser red auto GTS | >

| > > But hey, I got the strut tower brace and you don't. Nyah nyah... :-P | > >

| > > Sorry, had to come up with something... :-) | > >

| > > JS | > >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

I'm getting geared up right now to put in two tone door panels. Not custom, but Ford factory like my 95 had. This plain jand tan interior makes me want to scream. I have thought of the billet idea too, but when the sun hits luminum, it gets hot. In my car, it would get hit a lot.

And Greg, why not Show AND Go?

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate