2003 SVT Cobra Exhaust

Hello all, I am new to the group. I would like to ask your opinion on exhaust systems for my '03 Cobra drop top. Right now it has a MagnaFlow cat back system and I am not really thrilled with it. It is a bit too loud for my liking and the excessive rumbling on deceleration drives me nuts. I have minimal work done on the car such as a C&L intake, the MagnaFlow exhaust and I use a Diablosport tuner. I really don't want to do too much to the car since I still have some warranty time left. If you could post your suggestions or email me with some other exhaust systems that are a bit less aggressive on sound, I would truly appreciate your time and efforts.

Steve

'03 Cobra Drop Top '04 Lightning '02 Screamin Eagle Road King

Reply to
Steve Bell

Hey Steve...

Welcome to the group!

I'll tell you what, mine has a quieter exhaust.. I'll trade you straight across.

::: grin:::

Kate

98 Cobra Drop Top
Reply to
SVTKate

Hey Kate, thanks for the warm welcome. I used to have a '98 triple black cobra. I should have never sold it.. :(

I remember you from when I was in this group some time ago. I believe yours is white? Did you ever put a blower in it yet?

Steve

"> Hey Steve...

Reply to
Steve Bell

Hey You... Oh yea Triple black

Yup, mine is white, still have it, no blower. I will die before it happens I think

But, I can always hope!

| > Welcome to the group! | >

| > I'll tell you what, mine has a quieter exhaust.. | > I'll trade you straight across. | >

| > ::: grin::: | >

| > Kate | > 98 Cobra Drop Top | |

Reply to
SVTKate

Do you have an X-pipe? Straight though design mufflers sound better w/X-pipes and H-pipes go well with chambered Muffs.

Reply to
Gill

Reply to
Michael Seeley

The FR500 catback is dual mode, it's a bit louder than stock on low throttle and quite a bit louder at WOT. It's a ton quieter than just about every other aftermarket unit. It's pricey and makes working on the rear suspension a bit of a pain but it performs very well and has no drone. I liked it alot when I had the stock headers and mid-pipe. It also goes well with the Bassani mid-pipe which gives the setup a slightly higher pitch which I also like and which sounds different than all the other combo's out there, imho.

Reply to
Dan

Thanks for all the info...

Reply to
Steve Bell

right now i have the borla stinger. before that i had the flowmaster. i switched because the flowmaster didn't fit correctly and it wasn't stainless. after i switched, at first i found that i liked the sound of the flowmaster better, but now the stingers sound reaaly good to me.

if you dont mind aluminized i think the flows sound great... nice mellow sound, not too aggressive. but there is major drone at 2k. personally i like the droning sound.

as someone else said, i heard that the fr500 system is very mild when not wot with no drone.

nice car and best of luck with your choice!

chris

04 comp orange cobra vert

Reply to
Chris Shea

You don't like the rumble on decel and noise ? Man, I LOVE driving with the windows down and hearing that noise. This is with a flowmaster setup on the 03 cobra. So, if you want it quieter, don't go flowmaster.

Reply to
RT