1998 Ford Mustang Cobra Signature Series.

I just purchased a 1998 Ford Mustang Cobra Signature Series and am looking for information on it. The dealership told me it was one of

500. Is there a number somewhere on the car that states this? Also I am looking for specs on HP and the engine/trans.

Thanks for your help, TC

Reply to
administrator

I have a 98 Cobra also. I don't recall anything about a "signature series".

There were 5174 coupes made and 3480 convertibles. The most common model was the black coupe with black leather (1344).

The engine is a 4.6 litre 305HP

mort

Reply to
Mort Guffman

hey focktard u just been ripped off

i have some real estate intereted ??\\

hurc ast

Reply to
c3p0000

I have a 98 Cobra Drop Top My build number is 1600

I have a plate on my engine with the two sigs on it, but have never heard of a "Signature Series"

It COULD be that, ok, read slowly here: The color Interior, Vert or not, anything else special about the car MAY make it uniquely one of

500 built that same way out of the total build for the 98 Cobra model.

If you find any more info, of course we would all like to hear about it.

Then again, it might be that they guy had no clue what he was talking about and thought that because it has this plaque

it is something special...?? Of course they ARE special but that's a whole nother story.

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

It's possibly a local/regional dealer series or some aftermarket tuner thing. Something like this perhaps:

Look for some plaques or badges....Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges!

...but I digress.

DP Pics of the cars:

Dinsdale

And you believed them?

Reply to
Scott en Aztlán

Sue them. There is not such thing as a "signature series". Maybe the dealer got creative and put some stickers on. Does it show ANYWHERE that it is a "signature series" ??? Please don't tell me it's the little badge with the engine builders signature on it....please...

Reply to
RT

In my case I head for the basement and work up some good reloads.

Dave

Reply to
Deputy Dog

Or to the idiot salesdroid whos total knowledge of cars is how to turn the key and how to poke a hose in the ass end, a Cobra is just a "signature series" Mustang and 500 was a bastardization or a stupid oops of 5000.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

"WindsorFox[SS]" wrote |

| ::::::RUNN!!!::::: |

LMAO!! Someday, I am gonna get you you little brat! When you're not looking too!

Reply to
SVTKate

I could use a couple of boxes of 9's...

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

First of I did not get ripped of. I got the car for under $4000 retail. New paint, new clutch, aftermarket exhaust and so on. The dealer was a client of ours and has been great with the car. I had an idle problem and they replaced the TB for me in 2 days. The sales person did not know much about the Mustang and was referring to the plate on the engine. The paint and interor are one of 511. Pics here

TC

Pretty cool huh! I have noticed on some of the newer SVTs that they are using a thin plastic label... not the same effect if you ask me.

So, how do you like it so far? Sounds like you got a helluva deal on it . $4k, damn!! I wouldn't sell mine for 3 times that much.

Kate

98 Cobra Drop Top
Reply to
SVTKate

I got it for $4000 under book right around $10000. I wish I got it for $4000. I love it but I am not sure my neighbors like the exhaust sound. I think I am going to put a SC on it and chip it. Also maybe a larger TB. Did you notice a difference with the K&N?

Reply to
TC

If I had it to do again, I wouldn't waste my money on the K&N At first, yes it felt like it breathed much better BUT I think th eoil in the K&N causes crud buildup on the mass airflow sensor.

A guy that really knows his stuff used to post in here recommended a Green Filter. They cost about the same as a K&N, I think I will eventually make the switch.

I will hate you when you put the SC on it. I have wanted one for soooo long. Every time it was MY turn to buy something big, something else came up so it still has not happened yet.

Good luck to you!

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

Thanks, you have been a great help!!

Reply to
TC

Doesn't the green one use oil also?

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Actually, I didn't realize this before you ask. I went to their VERY slow loading website and wandered till I found it.

Yup, it DOES use oil

So then, why do you suppose ol' whatsisname recommended it over the K&N ??

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

That's interesting. I also was certain that it was a dry filter and that's why it was recommended. Are there two types?

Reply to
Richard

I went to their website, it's so small I had trouble reading it. Looks like shrunken PDFs.

So I dunno.

Damned if I am going to change my monitor settings and hunt down my glasses just to read a website on something I am not planning to buy for awhile. If ever.

Maybe they DO have a dry one You could ask ol Bill S. (check the big block group) which one he was talking about

Kate

| > Actually, I didn't realize this before you ask. | > I went to their VERY slow loading website and wandered till I found it. | >

| > Yup, it DOES use oil | >

| > So then, why do you suppose ol' whatsisname recommended it over the K&N ?? | >

| > Kate | >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate