Cobra vin

What character or characters in the VIN distinguishes a Cobra from a non-Cobra? Specifically on a 95 Cobra. I want to buy a few parts off a car that I'm not sure is a real Cobra.

Reply to
Jim S.

The 8th character in the VIN must be the letter "D" denoting the 240HP Cobra engine...HTH

-- Mike

93 Cobra
Reply to
Mike R

The 8th digit in the VIN must be a "D" for it to be a Cobra. That's the engine code and "D" designates 5.0 SFI SHP (Sequential Fuel Injection, Super High Output). Any other designation and it's not a Cobra. The previous two digits are the body code and they are 42 (coupe) and 45 ('vert) but these are the same designation used for the GT.

Reply to
Dan