constantly lit brake light '86 GT

Recently I replaced nearly everything related to the brakes in my 86 5.0 GT (basically everything at the wheels and one of the rear brake lines running down the axle). I drained all of the old fluid (mostly unintentionally), and bled the system. Now the brake warning light on my dash will not go off. Someone told me there was an adjustment for the parking brake somewhere in the passenger compartment. Does anyone know where it it, or what exactly must be done to adjust it and make this damned light go off? any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
EvilAllah(tm)

if you talking about the brake light on the dash: well i had this on a

93 taurus,, it could be the parking brake or the sensor in the master cylinder that goes off when you have a low level of fluid in the mast. cyl.. the same light come on for either one.... with the parking brake you gonna have to remove the center console to get to the bottom of your hand brake to check to make sure the switch that sets off the dash light is not crushed making it stay on all the time.. or you can check the float in the master cylinder to make sure it is not sitting on the bottom of the master cyl. as this will also make the brake light on the dash come on.....
Reply to
jim

Thank you, I'll try that. What exactly do I do if it /is/ crushed?

Reply to
EvilAllah(tm)