Convertible Top Rubber....

Hello All:

What's the best stuff to use to attach the rubber seal to the metal frame of a convertible top on a 2K GT? The rubber on the rail over the driver's side back seat has come off and it will press right back on, but it comes loose again and falls off the next time I put the top down. Body trim adhesive looks a little too thick and like it might damage the rubber. I'm kinda' think hi-tack or a similar gasket seal might work but don't know if it'll be strong enough to keep the piece in place.

Any ideas or pointers on how to hold this piece in place would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

-----Mongo

Reply to
bigmongo1963

I used a quick shot of 3M aerosol spray adhesive, haven't had any problems since. Make sure to clean the mating surfaces well with some alcohol, or other mild, clean drying solvent.

Reply to
John C.