Cookie on intake manifold... WTF?

Last night I decide to clean the engine compartment, it's been awhile since the last time I did a full a job, and maybe 8 months since I did the last quicky-job. So I am spraying simple green around and I see something under the front of the throttle body on the intake manifold. At first I think it's foam insulation... but I know none should be there. It turns out to be a chocolete covered wafer cookie. How on earth did that get there? I chiseled it away and used a vacume cleaner to suck up the remains. Then used a tooth brush and simple green along with the hose spray to get rid of.

I cannot imagine how such a thing would happen. Maybe a critter hid it up there for later? I have no clue. I had bird make a nest in the bumper of a '75 maverick once, but this.....

Reply to
Brent P

I had a mouse living in my 96 vert for a couple of weeks a couple of years ago. He was storing bird seed (from a bag we kept in the garage) in the valleys on the intake manifold. A lot of bird seed...

Reply to
KB

Mmmmmmmm Cookie!

Uh, you gonna eat that? :)

I once saw a book that gave recipes for cooking food wrapped in foil of course) on top of the engine. You would fix the food, wrap it up and go on your planned road trip. I guess the food would be ready to eat once you arrived.

I don't recall any chocolate wafer cookie recipes in the book.

You would also have to restrain yourself and not drive like Steve McQueen, or your pot roast might end up 'hitting the fan' so to speak!

steve

Brent P wrote:

Reply to
steve

A bit bizarre... but at the risk of sounding like a mom, maybe you should clean that a little more often! :-)

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

Keebler Elvs are known to be gear heads.

Reply to
DriveSpy