Creaking clutch quadrant

Ok, I don't think it's the quadrant itself.. but when I press on the clutch pedal... if I don't STOMP on it, it makes a "creaking" sound & is fairly difficult to depress. Last time this happened my clutch cable snapped. I checked for fraying... none.

Car is a 1998 Ford Mustang GT Steeda adjustable clutch cable Steeda firewall adjuster Steeda double-hook clutch quadrant

Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

-Mike (memset at recorddeal dot com)

Reply to
memset

I have the exact same set up. And lately I get the same creeking noise and higher force. I checked the cable at both ends, looks as good as new. I lubed both ends and it got better, but still the creaking.

My working guess is that the bushings that support the rod that goes from the clutch pedal to the quandrant are worn out. I have yet to crawl in there and find out.

If you find somehting out, please post it. I'll do the same.

Reply to
Brent P

kk... will do. I greased both ends too LOL. Didn't help me at all. Just made the creaking a little less... tiny bit. I've heard others complain about the EXACT same thing.. with the EXACT setup & they say switching to the Ford OEM cable eliminated the problem. I'm tempted to try.

-Mike

Reply to
memset

Okay, I remember someone posting about this a couple of years ago. In that case it ended up being the front part of the seat that was squeeking LOL.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Hey guys... anyone thought to call Steeda and ask them??

Reply to
SVTKate

Steeda hasn't replied to my requests for info on stuff I've bought from them for some time now. I don't see why this would be any different, especially since I put this stuff in years ago and the problem is recent.

Reply to
Brent P