'91 Clutch

My son's clutch is slipping. The clutch is two years old with about 15,000 miles on it. Actually, two of my boys have learned how to drive a clutch on it so I'm not too upset that it's gone so soon.

Two questions:

It's got a quadrant adjuster on the clutch pedal. Instructions say to pull it up and press it down. It doesn't seem to work.

Has anyone had any luck with adjustments this way?

Is there an adjustment that can be made on the cable at the transmission?

Reply to
San Mateo

The adjustment mechanism is made out of plastic. Often times it becomes damaged or broken which is why it is not adjusting for you. You are following the proper procedure to adjust so it sounds like it may be broken.

There is no other adjustment method with stock parts. You can buy aftermarket clutch cables which adjust via a nut down at the transmission end. You can also purchase firewall adjusters which adjust at the firewall where the clutch cable makes its way into the car. I would check out the Steeda products. I have a Steeda adjustable cable, quadrant and firewall adjuster. I have ultimate adjustibility of my pedal (:

Andy

Reply to
Andy Budwill