Help with clutch problem

Hi, I have a problem on my 87 GT. The engine will crack slowly if transmission is not on "neutral" position and the gears are hard to put in when the engine is running. So it look like the cluch is not fully disengaged... right?

I ajusted the clutch using the self-ajuster on the quadrant... That wasn't enough, but it helped a bit. I then bought a Steeda firewall cluct adjuster.

thing worked great for a couple of months but now I am having thesame problem.

I had the clutch & pressure plate replaced last year, but I started having the problem before that.

Can a clutch cable expand over the years ? I have had the car for 10 years now and never changed the cable. Any idea what I should look for ?

Thanks

Reply to
Phil