Diagram of 93 convertible rear quarter window track?

I have a friend with a 93 4Cyl Convertible. The drivers side rear window is not working properly. It was stuck halfway up and would not move up or down when she brought me the car. I removed and inspected the window motor (which is in perfect shape and works flawlessly). It turns out the window is getting jammed in the track about halfway down. The window track is pretty well hidden by a metal panel and the convertible frame. I was wondering if anyone had experienced a similar problem? From peering in small holes I could not see anything obstructing the window track. The bushing along the window guide bar was also in decent shape.

I'm looking for suggestions and perhaps any guidance anyone can offer on how to deal with this problem....

Andy

Reply to
Andy Budwill

My passenger's side hesitates at the halfway point. It eventually closes completely. This is only with the top up, though. I haven't had a chance to resolve it. There is a lot of play in this particular window.

I have a Ford service manual on CD. It has some details on diagnosing quarter window problems. I can email you with some of those details and diagrams.

John

John Jones

do you have the CD for the 93 Ford??? if so where did you get it???? i got the 96 cd, but could not get the 93.. i got a 93 taurus and was looking for the ford CD for that car.. any help will be appreciated... thanks....

Reply to
jim

I do have the CD for 1993 Ford cars. I got it on ebay. It turned out to be a copy. The seller did not state that in his listing, though. I complained to him and he said he would take it back but the cost to ship it would have been as much as I paid for it. So, I kept it. Search on "1993 Mustang" and you'll most certainly find one. I just saw one listed.

John

Reply to
John

Maybe some info on this site.

Katmandu

If you could email me the details that would be great. Even better if you could sell me or pass along a copy of your CD to me..... (:

Andy

Reply to
Andy Budwill