Doncha Feel Sorry....

Was at the trans shop yesterday for my 65 FB and the mech said, hey come look at this. Over to the next building (part of the same place) we go. As we strp around the corner, what do my wanderig eyes behold???

A gold Shelby Mustang with black plates, and all the obvious points correct. This was no clone. 289 Cobra V8, Hurst 4 spd stick, tilt wheel (that moves sideways), honkig big exhaust tubes. And I swear, it looks like the upholstery has never been redone. The older guy who owns it blew the posi apart. It's a little rough in spots, but over all, a one owner daily driver. And as I stood there drooling, with tears in my eyes, I couldn't get a word out.

Made my day to see a real one.

Reply to
Spike

Has it been sitting long? When did the guy blow the posi out? Any chance you could buy it?

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

Spike wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Was that by any chance on Hartnell out past Victor?

Reply to
elaich

Not a prayer. He blew it this past week. I was in yesterday and they were already replacing the trakloc. Believe it or not... I actually like my 65 FB better. No accounting for taste I guess. It's likely because so much time and money has gone into getting mine to where it is today. :0)

Reply to
Spike

As a matter of fact it was... California Care Care place.

Reply to
Spike

Spike wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I thought so. My best friend's son works out there. I saw him tonight, forgot to ask him about it. Was it a tall red headed dude with long sideburns?

Reply to
elaich

I didn't see the owner. Just got what information the shop related. Or did you mean your friend's son is a tall red headed dude with long sideburns? :0)

There are quite a few shops, as well as several under the same owner. Trans shop, glass shop, gear shop, etc.

Reply to
Spike

I like it, an original owner of a Shelby still flogging it hard enough to blow up the rear end. That's not easy because, assuming it was anything other than a '68 GT350, it would have a 9".

I can understand liking your own restomod better than the Shelby. Other than the '65-'66, and the '67-'68 GT500 (which got an engine swap), the Shelby Mustangs didn't have many mods beyond the obvious cosmetic ones.

180 Out
Reply to
one80out